Wednesday, February 26, 2003

These reviews are courtesy of our acknowledged "Movie Queen" Maggie. She has seen well over 1000 movies, and she's adding more all the time....

Possession. (B+) Gwyneth Paltrow, Aaron Eckhart and Jeremy Northam star in this movie about two scholars uncovering the truth about a love affair between two Victorian poets. I thought the story was intriguing and the acting strong. It may have been a bit of a “chick flick,” my husband slept through it, but I really enjoyed it. Worth a rental.

Undercover Brother. (F) The African-American version of Austin Powers with Eddie Griffin and Denise Richards was truly terrible. I didn’t even make it through the entire movie, but I endured enough that I deserve to report it.

One Hour Photo. (B) Robin Williams and Michael Vartan (Angie’s dream man) thriller about a creepy one-hour photo guy who sees a family whose pictures he develops as his own. It was a little slow, but scary enough to keep you enthralled. It was definitely creepy and Robin Williams plays a great bad guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter