Tuesday, May 13, 2003

A new review from That Guy Named David:

Catch Me If You Can (C+)

I don't know if the low grade stems from the fact that I had reasonably high expectations that weren't met, I still can't watch Leonardo DiCaprio without wanting to vomit because of Titanic (his career went downhill after Growing Pains and What's Eating Gilbert Grape), or I want to put a bullet in the back of my head every time I hear Tom Hanks mutilate an accent (he's right up there with Kevin Costner in that department). The movie was alright, but I wasn't overly impressed with any aspect of it. Christopher Walken's performance was good, but I think that it was merely accentuated because you were forced to watch DiCaprio and Hanks through the rest of the movie. I found it interesting that it was based upon a true story (and this also made me take notice of the monotony of my daily existence); however, it just didn't do it for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter