Tuesday, June 14, 2005

A movie review from Nick at Nite.

The Aviator

They said it couldn't be done. They said no one had the courage to do it. Well, they were wrong. Martin Scorsese did it - he made a movie about a man who stopped trimming his nails, peed into old milk containers and stored them in his room, and lived in the nude for years. No, it is not a movie about Charles Manson or George Bush, it is a movie about Howard Hughes. I had heard of the "Spruce Goose," the airplane built and flown by Hughes, but I was not familiar with his life story. The film taught me one critical thing - if you have a ton of money, very good looking Hollywood actresses will throw themselves at your feet no matter how crazy you are. This movie features several plane crashes, a weird oedipal flashback, and lots of Leonardo DiCaprio's butt. I could have done without the butt. I give this movie a "C."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter