Monday, March 06, 2006

The Upside of Anger

New DVD review from Nick at Nite:

The Upside of Anger

This is a fine, fine film. It proves that Kevin Costner can be in a movie that is a box office failure, but is still good. Joan Allen gives a heartwarming performance as a mother who turns to alcohol following the disappearance and apparent departure of her husband. She raises four daughters. There is some hilarity, some tenderness, and some outright uniqueness. I am often dragged kicking and screaming to movies like this . . . this one actually sucked me in. It was so good that I caught only about thirty minutes of it one day and waited for it to come on again so I could watch the whole thing. Greg advises me that some people were critical of the movie because of the way it ended. These are the same people who don't like Where the Red Fern Grows or Old Yeller or how the last Presidential election turned out. Relax. Just enjoy the movie. I give it an "A."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter