Monday, June 05, 2006

Hostile about Hostel

DVD review from Nick at Nite

Hostel

With all of the hype that surrounded this movie last year, I was sucked into renting it from my local Blockbuster when my wife and son went to West Texas to visit my mother-in-law. I thought, Tarantino is associated with this, it must be good. I could not have been more wrong. Honestly, I was bored, not scared. Anyone can be bloody, gory, and gross on film, it takes real talent to be scary. Cutting off body parts, throwing up bile, and torturing people to death ... honestly, it has been done before. There is no uncharted territory here. I thought I was renting an on-the-edge-of-your-seat thrill ride, a sleep-with-the-lights-on type of movie, not a TNT Saturday-afternoon movie. The plot is as follows: two American teens and a teen from Iceland go looking for girls in Eastern Europe; they find some partially nude girls who lure them one at a time into an unusual torture den where customers pay for the right to kill people; and some die and some escape. It is rated R for partial nudity and extreme violence. I give it an "F."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter