Saturday, August 12, 2006

13 Going on 30

DVD review from The Movie Snob

13 Going on 30 (B-). This is like my cousin Diane's favorite movie, but she did not succeed in making me watch it until just recently. The film started out with two strikes against it: (1) I did not like Big, and I assumed that this movie was basically a remake, and (2) I am not a Jennifer Garner fan. I just don't think she is that cute. Anyhoo, the movie was a pleasantish surprise, even though it was extremely similar to big. Jenna is an unhappy 13-year-old who wakes up one day to find herself 17 years older. (Unlike Big, in this movie the 17 years really have gone by. In a sense, it's kind of a Rip Van Winkle sort of scenario.) Although Jenna finds that she is a successful magazine editor, she also discovers that she has no real friends and has fallen out of touch with both her parents and her childhood best friend Matt. Lessons are learned, "Thriller" is danced to, yada yada yada. Cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter