Thursday, November 30, 2006

Neil Young; The Break-Up

New reviews from That Guy Named David

Neil Young: Heart of Gold (C)

This was an "intimate musical portrait" of Young produced by famed director Jonathan Demme (Philadelphia, Silence of the Lambs, Caged Heat). In renting this one, I was under the impression it would be similar to No Direction Home, Martin Scorcese's 2005 documentary on Bob Dylan, which I consider to be one of the best documentaries put out in the last few years. I was mistaken. Heart of Gold is merely a concert film, and not a real good one at that. The film documents a performance by Young at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville on his Prairie Wind concert tour a few years back. That's it. That's everything. And while I enjoy Young's music (and therefore, didn't really mind watching the concert), it fell far below my expectations. Perhaps if I had realized I was going to be watching Young sit in one spot on a stage and play the guitar for an hour or so, I would have enjoyed it more. Oh well...


The Break-Up (D)

*** SPOILER ALERT *** SPOILER ALERT *** SPOILER ALERT ***

Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston meet. They move into a condo together. They break-up. They stay living in the same condo and continue to fight. They sell the condo and go their separate ways. The end.

I just saved you $3.50. If it wasn't for a brief view of Aniston's butt as she walks naked down a hall, this would get the same grade as Anaconda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter