Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Valkyrie

New review from The Borg Queen

Valkyrie - C+. I was dragged to see this movie by my brother, I'm not really a fan of war-related movies. As is clear from the previews, this is about a group of men relatively high in the Nazi regime that conspire to assassinate Hitler. Despite my disdain for Tom Cruise since the beginning of his couch-jumping, Scientology-preaching, antidepressant-loathing episodes, I'll admit that the acting in the movie was all in all pretty good. The story line is interesting, but has an obviously undesirable end. At the end of the movie, though, I couldn't help but wonder why, rather than concocting an elaborate assassination attempt, did these men not just shoot Hitler when they were near him? Maybe I missed something. In any event, the movie managed to hold my attention throughout the duration, which is saying something seeing how I generally don't like these movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter