Saturday, April 11, 2009

I Love You, Man

Movie review from The Movie Snob

I Love You, Man (B). I'll assume you already know the set-up for this movie: the always-entertaining Paul Rudd (Clueless) plays a guy who gets engaged, only to discover that he has no close male friends to be his groomsmen, much less a best man. He gets increasingly concerned about this state of affairs, which eventually leads him to befriend a slacker dude played by Jason Segel (Forgetting Sarah Marshall), which friendship ironically threatens the very engagement that inspired it. In short, it's a romantic comedy about male friendship instead of an ordinary romance. It had very few clunker moments, and I enjoyed it throughout. But I probably would have enjoyed it more if I had seen it in a crowded and spirited theater instead of at a Saturday morning matinee with about 3 other people in the theater. Oh, and it should go without saying that the "R" rating is amply justified by the rampant vulgar language. I wonder if these movies would do as well--or even better--at the box office if they cleaned up their act a little bit...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter