Monday, August 17, 2009

G.I. Joe

The Bleacher Bum makes the call

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - First, this was my favorite cartoon as kid, and the only cartoon I really ever watched. Second, it is impossible to see the previews of this live-action version or read the reviews and go into the theather with high expectations.

This movie is another clear example of what the summer blockbuster has become - not a movie, but a marketable franchise. It rated PG-13, it is a trilogy, it has a video game, it has action figures, it will have some special DVD, and it has tons and tons of C.G.I. What it doesn't have is a good script, good direction, or good acting. It does have its moments: the fight between Baroness (Sienna Miller, who is actually really good and smoking hot) and Scarlett (Nichols), the Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow fight, and it does stick to the comic book storyline. Don't go see this.

Bleacher Bum Grading Scale: Homerun, Triple, Double, Single, Strikeout

"C."G.I. Joe, the Rise of Cobra: Should be graded a Single, but Sienna Miller stretches it into a Double

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter