Sunday, May 23, 2010

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

New review from The Movie Snob

Diary of a Wimpy Kid (D+). Granted, I am not the target audience for this movie about a kid named Greg and his first year of middle school. I believe it is based on a popular kids' book that I have never read. And I never went to middle school -- where I went, there was an elementary school of grades 1-8 and a high school for grades 9-12. But still, it should have been easy enough to like a movie about a small-for-his-age kid and his totally uncool best friend Rowley as they try to navigate the treacherous social currents of a new school. I did get a couple of chuckles out of it, but I think I had the same problem with this movie that I did with the TV show "The Wonder Years" -- the protagonist was basically a narcissistic jerk. The Wimpy Kid even kind of looked like the Wonders Years kid. So I didn't even root for him to overcome his trials and travails, because he pretty much deserved whatever he got.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter