Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Reviews from That Guy Named David:

Bad Boys II (C-)

S.W.A.T. (C)

Instead of writing two separate reviews for the same genre of movie, I've decided to consolidate the reviews of these two movies. I decided to rent them on Saturday because the girlfriend was not in town, and I realized that I would never have the opportunity to watch either should she be with me. Anyway, Bad Boys II is relatively entertaining for the first hour to hour and a half; however, over the next hour to hour and a half, it gets boring. Suffice it to say, it is waaaaay too long. There should be a federal law prohibiting any movie starring both Will Smith and Martin Lawrence from exceeding two hours. S.W.A.T., on the other hand, is not as long, but considering you know exactly what is going to happen at the end of the movie during the first 20 minutes, it makes for a pretty boring affair. I was disappointed in the acting by Colin Farrell, as I have enjoyed him in most everything else I've seen in which he has starred. These movies may have been a decent diversion on a rain-soaked Saturday; however, I wouldn't recommend them unless you seriously have some time to kill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter