Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Slumming with The Movie Snob:

The Bourne Supremacy (B-). Matt Damon reprises his role as Jason Bourne, the amnesiac assassin with a heart of gold. Well, if not gold, then at least silver or bronze. I thought this was a decent spy/action flick except for one thing -- the director used way too much hand-held camerawork during the action sequences, which left me disoriented and headachy. As That Guy Named David mentioned, this movie has nothing in common with the book by Robert Ludlum except for the lead character's name. This was also largely true of The Bourne Identity. I read Identity years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it, so if you like these movies I encourage you to pick up the book. The sequels, as I recall, were not nearly as good, which may be why the moviemakers have completely abandoned them as source material.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I disagree that all the book sequels were bad. The Bourne Supremacy (book) was horrible. The Bourne Ultimatum (book), which I just finished, was much better. You are right, though, that neither was as good as The Bourne Identity (book).

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter