Wednesday, October 05, 2005

DVD review from That Guy Named David:

Curb Your Enthusiasm - Seasons 1 and 2 (A)

Okay, maybe I'm a little late to the dance with this review; however, being that I work at a firm where a healthy chunk of your salary is determined by performance, I have yet to accumulate the funds to purchase HBO. (I also tend to drink excessively, which whittles away at my disposable income.) Therefore, I've had to use my Netflix account (given as a gift) to rent the DVDs of all the past episodes. And I have been very glad that I did. There is just something I find fascinating about following the daily existence of Larry David, the balding, borderline manic-depressive co-founder of Seinfeld who has a habit of saying incredibly inappropriate things at the most inopportune times. Maybe it's because I struggle to understand the way that David can live his life in such a manner, given that this character is so incredibly different than myself. Whatever it is, though, makes me laugh throughout nearly every episode. If you have HBO, you probably have already experienced the greatness. If you are like me and struggle to keep food on the table for yourself and your loved ones, ask for Netflix for Christmas and check out the DVDs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter