Thursday, December 29, 2005

New from The Movie Snob:

Clue (D+). I need to finish up the story of my incredibly lame movie-going Christmas. I gave my little sister the DVD of this 20-year-old movie because, well, she wanted it and it was only $5.99 at Best Buy. My parents didn't have a DVD player, so it did not occur me to me that I might be in danger of having to watch it. Well, guess what -- Santa brought my parents a DVD player. So Christmas Day, I was coerced into watching a movie based on a board game (not even a video game, for pete's sake!). There were a few laughs here and there, but not very many. Even the great Michael McKean couldn't save the film, although he gets a pretty good last line in one of the three alternative endings. (And what kind of murder mystery has three alternate endings with three completely different solutions to the crimes?) And whatever happened to Leslie Ann Warren? She looked like a much more attractive Susan Sarandon in this flick. Skip it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fettuccine Alfredo said...

It's called a marketing idea, douchebag. They released the films to theatres across the country with three different endings. Different areas saw only one of the three different endings. This way it encouraged discussion between friends who may have seen it at different theatres.

It also was an attempt to get people to see the film more than once on the odd chance they'd see one of the different versions.

The 'great' Michael McKean? Please. Stop. He's about as big a douchebag actor as your are a douchebag blogger.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter