Friday, January 20, 2006

Nick at Nite delivers a DVD review:

Ella Enchanted

You read it right, I actually saw Ella Enchanted. I cannot believe it either. Worse, I cannot believe that I actually thought the movie was pretty good. Simple enough story, cute girl with brown hair and big eyes marries a confused, gay cowboy who is tending sheep while having a secret love affair with another cowboy ... no, no wait, that is the other movie featuring this Disney teen idol, this is a very simple Cinderella-type story, basically stolen from a Drew Barrymore vehicle I saw several years ago. There is a twist. Apparently, everything you tell Ella to do, she must do because of a curse put on her by her fairy godmother. So Ella freezes in midair, she dances and sings Queen songs, she hops in place, she steals an orange, and yes she will kill the prince who loves her ... unless ... you will just have to see the movie to see what happens. I give it a "B." I give it an "A" for family friendliness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter