Tuesday, January 10, 2006

From the desk of The Movie Snob:

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (C). I suppose I should throw in the towel on this whole Harry Potter business, or at least read the books before I attempt another of the movies. I saw the first HP movie and thought it completely pedestrian, sat out the next two, and then decided I should give the series another chance. More than a chance, in fact, because I saw the IMAX version. Again I left the theater underwhelmed. There's a lot of magic and sound and fury, but it felt like a movie, not like a real adventure involving real people. And I gather that this bad guy Voldemort, or whatever his name is, is supposed to be the be-all and end-all of evil power. He's just not that scary, and his "death eater" minions look about as dangerous as a pack of trick-or-treaters. Just one of Sauron's Ringwraiths could have disposed of the whole lot of them. I guess I'm just missing something here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter