Thursday, July 06, 2006

Click

A View From Mars

Click (B). I can’t necessarily say that I’m an Adam Sandler fan, and if I was, you’d be hard pressed to get me to admit such a thing. I will comment that in viewing a Sandler flick, my only standard is that if it doesn’t suck then I’ve succeeded. So with that in mind, I’ll have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised. The plot revolves around Sandler acquiring a “universal” remote from Christopher Walken (who I think pokes fun of himself by doing a cheap imitation of, well, himself). Of course, this said remote actually and literally can control the life of the one who possesses it, and as any of us would, Sandler takes full advantage of this capability by fast forwarding, pausing, muting and rewinding his own life. I was surprised at the times that I laughed and even more surprised at how hard I was laughing. However, about three quarters of the way in, the movie takes a dramatic, serious tone and I’m left wondering if I’ll be laughing again or if some theatre employee spliced portions of Punch Drunk Love into the reel. Anyways, I’m not entirely sure when the next time you’ll see a movie featuring Fonzie, Knight Rider and Samwise Gamgee, so that alone was probably enough for me. The movie receives a good solid B grade. Kate Beckinsale dressed as Pocahontas receives an A+ grade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter