Friday, June 23, 2006

Sketches of Frank Gehry

A new review from Movie Man Mike

Sketches of Frank Gehry. (B) I am not much for documentaries, but I really enjoyed seeing this one, and I would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in architecture. Sidney Pollack, who is a long-time friend of Gehry's, does a great job of directing the film, interviewing Gehry, and bringing Gehry and his work to life. The list of cameo appearances by famous people makes one begin to wonder if this is a Robert Altman film. I really found it interesting and humorous that Gehry's shrink speaks about Gehry and their relationship. But, of course, the most fascinating aspect of the film was seeing Gehry's product and seeing how he gets ideas for something and then how he and his staff make it come to life. I was left with the feeling that I need to go see some of his architecture first-hand. And, this review would not be complete if I did not mention that the musical scores for the film were excellent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter