Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Derailed

From guest reviewer Jonathan L.

Derailed (Unrated version on (DVD)

My wife must be on a Jennifer Anniston kick because this is her second film in less than a month that has shown up from Netflix. Not that I mind, and this film had more to offer than the last one (Friends with Money). I was surprised by this film. I don't want to give anything away so rather than focus on plot elements, I'll say this: the strong story makes up for this films other flaws. I'll also say this - it's not for the squeamish or the meek at heart. There's a lot of ugliness in this movie - and without it, the film would lack its visceral punch. I wonder if the theatrical release was cleaned up. Don't judge this film till it's over. I wanted to turn it off after the first 45 minutes or so but was glad I saw it through to the bitter end. You'll cheat yourself if you don't take it all in.

JUDGMENT: B-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter