Thursday, July 26, 2007

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

From Movie Man Mike

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. (B+) Next to the original film in this series, I think this one may be my favorite. You get to see the maturing of the characters in this film as they begin to question authority and take on the responsibility of saving the school. That’s particularly true for Harry, who starts out as a shy, reluctant hero, but who really gains his confidence as matters progress. This film, like the last, is a bit darker than the earlier films, but I expect that Rowling’s audience has matured as well. I didn’t care so much for Professor Umbridge’s character. She was a little annoying and tiresome. I am disappointed the filmmakers cut out some choice exchanges between Umbridge and Professor McGonagall (Maggie Smith) that were in the book, but then it was probably necessary because the book was quite long. I recommend this one, particularly if you are a fan of the series.

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

The Movie Snob has to disagree with Movie Man Mike. I was thoroughly unentertained by this movie. But I have never read any of the books, and I have not enjoyed any of the other movies in this series that I have seen, so if you are a Harry Potter fan, I am probably not a trustworthy reviewer. Still, I give it a D.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter