Thursday, October 30, 2008

Carrie Underwood

Concert review from The Movie Snob

This evening The Borg Queen and I went to see Carrie Underwood in concert at Nokia Theater in Grand Prairie. Safe to say, it was not my idea. But I figured it would be a pleasant enough evening, and I was right about that. Clearly I, a 40-year-old guy, was not the target demographic, a fact Ms. Underwood cheerfully acknowledged during her set. Anyway, an opening act called Little Big Town played for about 45 minutes or so. I was totally unfamiliar with their music, which seemed like pretty ordinary, middle-of-the-road country music to me. They did do a decent cover of "Life in a Northern Town," the old 80s hit by Dream Academy. Then Carrie eventually made her way onstage and played for 90 minutes or so. I thought she had an engaging personality, great looks, and a decent voice. The only songs of hers that I knew were "Jesus Take the Wheel" and the one about destroying her cheating boyfriend's car, and she also did covers of Fleetwood Mac's "Go Your Own Way" and Guns n Roses' "Paradise City." I had a good time, and the scads of country music fans there seemed to as well. In fact, I sat next to a woman with three little girls who said this was their second time to see her this year. So there's a testimonial from a true fan for ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter