Monday, May 18, 2009

Star Trek

Movie Man Mike adds his two cents' worth about . . .

Star Trek: Origins (A). This film is spot on. Two things make this film great. Casting and the script. The actors do a wonderful job of channeling the original cast of this franchise. Zachary Quinto is downright frightening as a young Spock. The script is also well done. At first, I was a little annoyed that the script alters the timeline of events from the original storyline, but after sleeping on it, I decided that it kind of makes sense from a theoretical science standpoint, so I am okay with it. And in any event, the changes surely won't alter the entertainment value of the next episodes that are sure to come from the reinvention of this franchise. I particularly enjoyed learning that they used the voice Majel Barrett for the computer voice on the Enterprise. And, it was fitting that they dedicated the film to Gene Roddenberry and Majel Barrett Roddenberry. I won't give any plot spoilers, but I recommend this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter