Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Up

New review from Movie Man Mike

Up. (A). Thumbs up for "Up"! Pixar nails it with this film. The characters in this film are really rich and charming. Ed Asner is perfect as the voice of Carl Fredrickson and I never suspected that Christopher Plummer was the voice of Charles Muntz until the credits rolled. The dialogue is clever. Many of the lines will have you laughing out loud and you may be compelled to repeat them long after the movie is over. The beginning of this film was a bit of a surprise because it opens with the relationship between main character Carl Fredrickson and Elie Docter. The previews I had seen did not prepare me for this portion of the film, but it's a wonderful part of the larger story of Carl Fredrickson's life adventure. Without giving out any spoilers, let me just say that this is a film the whole family will enjoy and I highly recommend it to anyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter