Friday, June 06, 2003

An impromptu guest review by Mary R.

Down With Love. I thought it was quite clever! It takes place completely in the 60's and attempts to use many of the 60's movie themes, music, etc. The storyline is not what I would call "erudite," but give me a break- it's entertainment! I would see it again, if simply to try and catch all that there is to SEE in the movie. If you are a fan at all of the old Cary Grant-Loretta Young-Doris Day movies, you will get a kick out of the whole idea. And the story line starts off as being very cliche - and then takes a surprising turn (to ultimately become perhaps even more cliche? I don't know). Anyway, I didn't know that it was receiving bad reviews - what did they say? Susan N. and I saw it together and we both liked it a lot. I would recommend it for light humor and a very creative style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter