Wednesday, July 16, 2003

A review from the Snob:

Winged Migration. (B) I suppose I can see why this documentary film about migratory birds was nominated for an Academy Award. The cinematography was excellent, and the many shots of the birds in flight from seemingly only a few feet away were remarkable. On the other hand, the movie is about birds, for crying out loud. To me, birds are just not very attractive or photogenic or even interesting. So that detracted from the experience. Plus, this is apparently a French production, so there was some subtle America-bashing. The focus of the film was overwhelmingly Eastern Hemisphere, and one of the very few shots of migrating birds in the United States was interrupted by the crack of hunters’ rifles and images of birds plummeting from the sky. I suppose nobody hunts birds in Europe, Asia, or Africa. Hmph.

A response from The Movie Girl Next Door:

It terrifies me that you wasted your time and money to go see that movie. That’s an hour and a half of your life that you’ll never get back. Hey, have I got a surprise for you: Last night I painted the walls in one of the rooms of my home, and if you hurry I bet you can actually go watch the paint drying. And better yet, I’m not even gonna charge you for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter