Sunday, July 06, 2003

Another review from The Snob:

Giant. (B+) I didn't know anything about this movie when I read that a new digital print was being screened for one week only at a local art-house theater. Also, I had never seen a movie with Rock Hudson or James Dean before. Although it was much longer than I had bargained for (3 hours and 20 minutes or so), I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's the sprawling story of the family of wealthy Texas rancher Bick Benedict and his Maryland-raised wife Leslie (Elizabeth Taylor). It's also a story of Texas during the oil boom of the mid-20th century, and there's a heavy focus on the discrimination suffered by the Lone Star State's Mexican population at that time. Check out a very young Dennis Hopper as the Benedicts' oldest child.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter