Monday, June 16, 2003

David chimes in --

The Pianist (A+)

Not to challenge the great Movie Snob or anything, but I also saw this movie this weekend and will add my two cents. I actually rented both The Pianist and Old School (figured I would vary things up a little bit), but I never got around to Old School after enduring the 2 1/2 hours of this epic drama. Incredibly vivid portrayal of the senseless brutality that existed in the Warsaw Ghetto during WWII. Adrien Brody was well-deserving of his Oscar in portraying a Polish Jew who did anything in his power to survive this horrific period in history. I thought that the movie started off a little slow, but then as it progressed, my opinion changed as I could see the way that Polanski was building the movie up to a crescendo (much like the music at the heart of the movie). Incredible movie. A must see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter