Sunday, August 10, 2003

From The Movie Snob--

Northfork. (D-) I came away from this movie with one very clear thought: I don’t get it. The premise is straightforward enough. A river is about to be dammed in 1955 Montana, and the town of Northfork is going to be at the bottom of the resulting lake. Almost everyone has cleared out, and a handful of federal agents, including James Woods, has the assignment of persuading the few stragglers to leave too. In a separate plot line, a priest played by Nick Nolte cares for a sick orphan boy who is seeing or hallucinating angels. But these are very odd and quirky angels, and they seem to have some sort of mysterious agenda or quest of their own. Nothing much comes of either plot line, and Nolte mumbled most of his lines so low I couldn’t even hear them. The bottom line is that I found this movie weird for the sake of being weird, and I dislike that kind of movie very much. Skip it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter