Thursday, October 02, 2003

From the Movie Snob:

The Matrix Reloaded. (B) I just got around to seeing this flick barely ahead of the release of the last movie in the trilogy. I saw the IMAX version, and I have to say it was a lot of fun. The action sequences were so huge and so over the top that I was amused as well as enthralled. As has been well-reported, the movie contains loads of talky scenes and opaque philosophy, but I found that I enjoyed that too if I just ignored what the characters were saying and focused on the panache with which they were saying them. Finally, I'll mention that the lovely Monica Bellucci isn't given a whole lot to do as the mysterious Persephone, but, as my fellow moviegoer Aimee observed afterwards, her IMAX-sized attributes leave an indelible impression. I'm definitely going to look for Revolutions at the IMAX as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter