Thursday, June 03, 2004

From guest reviewer Jeff N:

The Day After Tomorrow ...

Ordinarily, I love all "end of the world" type movies (you know like Omega Man, Armageddon, Waterworld, The Sound of Music, etc ... ) However, this movie I did not love. I only wanted to be friends with this movie. I blame it on myself. I was so excited about seeing this movie that I raised the bar too high and despite having some cool special effects, Sela Ward, and that somewhat creepy guy from Donnie Darko and The Good Girl this movie could not meet my expectations. Still, I only paid an early bird admission, which in my humble opinion was worth the price of admission.

I did learn several important lessons during this movie. First, gasoline freezes at -500 degrees celsius. Second, book burning is not always bad. Third, the Republicans have badly misused our environment and unless we stop them now we might have another ice age. Fourth, Dennis Quaid has not made a good movie since Breaking Away and Innerspace. Fifth, dialogue is unimportant. Sixth, if you walk from Pennsylvania to Manhattan you apparently pass the Statue of Liberty first. As far as summer movies go ... this one wasn't half bad. It would have been better, like all movies, if Charlton Heston has been in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter