Wednesday, January 05, 2005

A video review from That Guy Named David:

Garden State (A-)

I must admit I am a big-time sucker for the introspective, "what the hell am I going to do with my life" type of movie (ex. Lost in Translation, The Graduate, Beautiful Girls, Wet Hot American Summer). This movie fits in that category. Plus, it stars Natalie Portman, one of the three current actresses over whom I have a mild obsession (Scarlett Johansson and Jennifer Garner round out that list). As to the movie itself, the plot centers around a twenty-something that has gone home for his mother's funeral. During the trip, he meets up with Portman (who is great in this role), does some drugs, hangs out with friends, and comes to the realization that he can feel emotions after years of being stuck on various medications. I wasn't sold on the ending, but it didn't ruin the movie for me. All in all, very good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter