Wednesday, June 29, 2005

A new review from That Guy Named David:

Bewitched (C)

I must admit that I was not the biggest Bewitched fan when I used to watch it on syndication on WGN in the middle of summer afternoons as a child. I was always more of an I Dream of Jeannie kinda guy. So, I wasn't exactly excited about the movie coming out this summer until I saw that it starred Will Ferrell, the greatest comedic genius of this century. However, after sitting through the movie, I can honestly say that, had Will Ferrell not been a part of this movie, there is a very good chance that I would have walked out. I read a review that said the movie was a lot of funny scenes in search of a plot. That's a very apt description. Kidman was cute, but unlike the Movie Snob, I need a little more than just her presence on the screen to get me to enjoy her movies (and she was fully clothed throughout). Ferrell was his usual act, which made for some laugh-out-loud moments, but by the end of the movie, I was just a little bored. Overall, maybe a renter, but don't waste your $8 seeing it on a Saturday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter