Saturday, July 30, 2005

A review from The Movie Snob:

The Island (B-). I was drawn to this movie by the premise: in a near-future America, the ultra-wealthy pay for the creation of clones as "insurance policies" in case they ever need organ transplants. What happens when a couple of clones (Ewan McGregor, Scarlett Johanssen) get wise to their inevitable fate? I was simultaneously repelled by the fact that director Michael Bay has also been responsible for Bad Boys II and the recent Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake. Curiosity won out, and I was reasonably entertained. In fact, my only real complaint is that the movie is just too long, especially in the second half once the clones have made their break for freedom. I'll admit the car chases and other action sequences are pretty impressive (if over the top), but less would have been more. With judicious editing, this could have been a B or B+.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter