Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Revenge of the Red Baron

A new review from Nick at Nite

Revenge of the Red Baron. I am getting a free week of Showtime at home. My free preview week is leading to some poor decision making in my movie watching, including this one. It was such a train wreck I could not turn away. In Revenge of the Red Baron, the spirit of the Red Baron is reborn into a model airplane and the doll glued into the pilot's seat. The plane and doll haunt an old World War I pilot and his family. I would have immediately turned this garbage off if it weren't for - Tobey Maguire and Mickey Rooney - wow, I know Rooney needed the money, but what was Maguire doing in this trash. This movie features Mickey Rooney as the Red Baron's old nemesis. Given that the movie is set in 1995, I guess Mickey Rooney is apparently supposed to be 95 years old in this movie. Tobey Maguire is just terrible in this movie. There are multiple scenes of him working a remote control plane in an air duel with the possessed Red Baron. Thank God for the Spiderman movies. I give this an "F."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter