Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Spiderman 3

New review from Movie Man Mike

Spiderman 3: C+. Sequels. Rarely is a sequel as good as, or better than, the original. Spiderman 3 is no exception. Of course, the film had some great fight scenes and some great special effects. And with three villains, you figure the deck is stacked against Spidey. But, the plot and character motivation suffered a great deal in this film. Some of the scenes were just downright awkward the way they were presented. I don’t want to give anything away, but you’ll know what I mean when you see the exchange between Harry and the family butler, or the scene between Mary Jane and Peter on the bridge in the park. Or maybe, like me, you will question the timing of Aunt May’s visit to Peter’s apartment where she pops in, doles out a dose of platitudes and says, “toodle-loo,” without so much as a cup of tea or a goodbye hug. All this said, I did find the film entertaining, even if the Sandman is a bit lame as a villain. I would say it’s worth the price of a ticket, and I predict that many others will be paying to see this show as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter