Saturday, December 29, 2007

Fido, Superbad

DVD reviews from Nick at Nite

Fido

Oddly entertaining film. This indie comedy explores what happens when rampaging zombies are domesticated. The setup is clever, if somewhat predictable. The dead rise, humans battle the undead in a zombie war, scientists discover how to rekill the undead, and then the same scientists learn how to domesticate the undead to perform society's more mundane chores. So, rather yearn for the taste of human flesh, the undead take out the trash, deliver mail, mow the lawn, wash the car, and carry groceries. Things get complicated when one of the undead gets a little too close to a boy and his mother and the scientists' company, ZomCom, is forced to step in. I give it a "B-."

Superbad

Ah, I don't get it. I know, I know it was supposed to be outrageously funny. To be fair some of it was, but I found most of it to be unremarkable. Perhaps I am just nostalgic for Weird Science and The Breakfast Club. This story about a couple of high school misfits with potty mouths just didn't do for me the same thing that 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up did. Is it worth a rental? Probably. Make sure you are watching with people who are not alarmed by too much boys-being-boys-type talk. I give it a "B-."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter