Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Jesus of Nazareth (book review)

Book review from The Movie Snob

Jesus of Nazareth: From the Baptism in the Jordan to the Transfiguration, by Pope Benedict XVI (Doubleday 2007). I'm as Catholic as the next Catholic, but I have to say that I tried a couple of Pope John Paul II's books and found them very hard going. This one is hardly easy, but I found it more accessible than I feared I might. And there are certainly some interesting insights to be found here. Still, on the whole, I can't say that the book overwhelmed me. I'm sure that reflects my shortcomings as a reader more than the Pope's abilities as a writer. I also got his book The Apostles for Christmas, so I will be giving him another chance . . . one of these days . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter