Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Cloverfield

DVD review by Nick at Nite

Cloverfield

Do not drink the Kool-Aid. Lost is greatness. Cloverfield is not. It did not give me motion sickness, it just made me sad. The movie is too long, had no ending, is boring for long stretches, and generally hard to watch. I have seen better on the Sci-Fi channel. I have seen better on the Sci-Fi channel in the middle of the night. I’ll give J.J. Abrams a mulligan. Why? Mostly because Lost is so phenomenal. Plus, he cannot miss with his next venture, a redo of Star Trek. I digress. Cloverfield follows a group of New Yorkers as their city is attacked by a giant, non-Godzilla like monster. The monster is mean and has little baby monsters. The baby monsters are also mean. I didn’t care about any of the characters. Many of them die. A protracted start with people at a party nearly made me stop watching this film altogether. Here is the odd part: This is normally my kind of movie. Thankfully I did not wait in line to see this at the movie theater. I give it an “F.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter