Monday, September 08, 2008

Once

DVD review from Nick at Nite

Once

I am so late on the bandwagon that I am afraid there will be no room for me. A friend told me to see this movie. I am glad he did. You should go see it. It will resonate with you. It is a simple film with a simple story. Street musician meets quirky girl. Quirky girl plays piano in duet with street musician. Street musician and quirky girl find joy in the music they create together. No big explosions. No special effects. No CGI. This movie is stripped down. Watch it. You will be glad you did. Incidentally, the street musician is the lead singer of “The Frames.” A good group. He was also in the movie The Commitments. Once won the Oscar for best original song last year. I give the movie an A.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter