Sunday, June 21, 2009

Nick at Nite Potpourri

Nick at Nite brings us up to speed on a medley of movies

Outlander

A few months ago I considered going to the dollar movie to see this film. I should have – I would have saved the extra three bucks it cost me to see the movie in the comfort of my own home. Here is the premise. A spaceship – carrying what looks like a human – crashes to Earth during the reign of the Vikings. Our intrepid spaceman, played by Jim Caviezel, must help his new Norse friends kill an alien-dragon this that he has chased across the solar system to Earth. This movie would have played much faster if the spaceman had not dropped his laser cannon in the water in the first ten minutes of the movie. I give it a “D.

Eagle Eye

Does anyone really care what Shia LaBeouf is doing if he is not wrecking a car, breaking into a pharmacy, or appearing in a Transformers movie? This movie is bad. LaBeouf is set up as a terrorist by some Orwellian computer that is trying to function as an all encompassing “Homeland Security” program for America. Of course, the computer goes all Hal on us and LaBeouf must race to save us all. I was bored and confused. Skip this movie. I give it an “F.”

Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist

Youth is wasted on the young. This is not the greatest movie ever made – it is not even Michael Cera’s best work – but it is a quirky, sometimes funny, often charming tale of young love. Nick and Norah – who are both in or just out of bad relationships – are pushed together by fate – the search for a drunk friend and an underground concert. Their trip through New York City in a beaten up yellow Yugo is an entertaining ride. This movie made me want to be 18 again. I give it an “A.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter