Sunday, July 19, 2009

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

From a shell-shocked Movie Snob

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (D). Maybe I was just confused because I didn't see the first installment of this franchise, but this very long movie seemed like the most ridiculous thing I have seen on a movie screen in a very long time. It is becoming a perennial complaint of mine that big battle scenes in these summer blockbusters are so fast and so poorly edited that you have no idea what in the world is actually going on. Every fight scene (and there are about nine of them) is a loud and deathly dull blur. I gather that there's a big war on between two camps of extraterrestrial robots (that can transform), and we are unlucky enough that Earth has become their battlefield. This dud probably deserves an "F," but there were a couple of decently humorous moments, and I appreciated the depiction of our men in uniform as exceptionally brave and (generally) extremely competent. Although they're also apparently suicidal, since our finest weaponry seems to have little effect on the diabolical decepticons. Okay, I've wasted too much of my effort and your time on this review. SKIP THIS MOVIE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter