Tuesday, June 10, 2003

A review from That Guy Named David:

Die Another Day (D+)

In another attempt to out-do the last overdone Bond flick, Die Another Day merely accomplishes more of the same (which, in essence is not a whole lot of anything). Of course, you still have the same cool gadgets (this one features an invisible car), the sexy Bond girl (Halle Berry fills this role quite nicely), the sex-laced double entendres, and plenty of explosions and dead bad guys. What the movie lacks, however, is any continuity, and the main storyline is a bit far-fetched, even for Bond. Maybe I'm just too much of a fan of the old school, Goldfinger-esque Bond movies to enjoy these new ones. Maybe it's a sign that I am getting old. Whatever it is, though, made me think that this movie was not worthy of taking up the 2 hours or so of my life that I will never get back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter