Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Movie reviews from That Guy Named David:

Scarface (B+)

I'm a little embarrassed that it took until my 28th year on this earth to see this movie, but I finally got around to watching it last night when I realized I really didn't care about Philadelphia vs. Green Bay. Of course, I knew the catch phrases from the movie, but I was impressed with some of the aspects of the movie that I didn't even know were a part of it. For example, the performance by a young Michelle Pfeiffer (who I wasn't aware had a part in this movie) was very impressive. The only reason it is not an "A" is because I thought the ending was a little overdone; however, I thought the performances were entertaining, and the movie kept my attention through its duration.

Finding Nemo (A-)

I'm not as much of a dork as the Movie Snob in that he will go see Disney movies on Friday nights by himself (which if you ask me is a little disturbing). That being said, if I would have known that this movie was as good as it turned out, I probably would seen in the theatre. Very impressive animation, story, performances (by voice of course), and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My favorite character was the Ellen DeGeneres fish Dori. However, I can't think of one aspect of this movie that I didn't enjoy. A little sappy at the end, but watching a good, sappy movie with your girlfriend on a rainy Sunday evening is not such a bad thing sometimes (as long as it doesn’t become a habit).

Rejoinder from the Snob: I saw Brother Bear on a Sunday afternoon with friends -- not alone on a Friday night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter