Saturday, November 01, 2003

Stage review from the Snob.

Chicago. A local repertory theater is currently featuring a production of the smash musical, and I saw it Halloween night. My background--loved the movie, but had never seen the stage show before in my life. I was expecting it to be much more different from the movie than it was. In fact, I didn't really notice any substantial departures from the movie, except that the musical has a few more songs. Anyhoo, I thoroughly enjoyed it. On the small stage, the choreography had to be sharply curtailed, but the music was great and the vocals were generally good. Sometimes the vocals got too quiet to hear, but I imagine it is difficult to keep the performers well-miked in the kinds of costumes that prevail in a show like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter