Sunday, August 21, 2005

From The Movie Snob:

The Skeleton Key (C+). Faithful readers of The Movie Court know that I very seldom go to horror movies (I leave those for Nick at Nite). I have an overactive imagination and a low threshold for being startled. In other words, scary movies freak me out. But the pickings were slim, and I thought, "Hey, it's PG-13, how scary can it be?" And I guess I was right, although there's no way on earth I'd let a young teenager see this movie. Kate Hudson plays a hospice worker who accepts a job as the live-in caretaker for a creepy stroke victim (John Hurt) who lives in a creepy old house in the Louisiana swamps with his creepy wife Violet (Gena Rowlands). There's a creepy old attic full of creepy old stuff, and there's hoodoo (magic, not to be confused with voodoo, the religion) galore. I was on pins and needles a lot of the time, but I guess it wasn't really all that scary. Now, where did I put that nightlight....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter