Sunday, January 11, 2009

Yes Man

From the desk of The Movie Snob

Yes Man (C). I am not the biggest Jim Carry (The Cable Guy) fan in the world, but I went ahead and saw this movie -- even paid full price! As I gathered from the previews, Carry plays some ordinary, middle-aged schmoe who says "no" to everything until something happens that makes him do a 180 on that policy. Personally, I'm an ordinary, middle-aged schmoe who says "no" to pretty much everything, so I thought I should see what I'm missing. The movie unfolds pretty predictably -- almost as predictably as if Carrey had continued to say "no" to everything, in fact. A bright spot is Zooey Deschanel (Elf), not because she turns in a particularly great performance, but just because I think she's as cute as a button. But she's also like 20 years younger than Jim Carrey, so that's kind of hard to believe, maybe even a little creepy. Anyhoo, nothing special about this one, and some crude humor that should make parents take the PG-13 rating seriously. (Fionnula Flanagan of The Others should be ashamed of herself!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter