Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Movie Man Mike weighs in . . .

Super Size Me. (B) Like Upton Sinclair's book, The Jungle, this film documents dietary abuses within the fast-food industry. In places it's a little brutally graphic. In the name of science, Morton Spurlock turns himself into a human guinea pig to determine the health impact of fast food on the human body. Fortunately the film was not focused exclusively on Mr. Spurlock and his diet. Interspersed in the film are various factoids, surveys, visits to nutritionists, and visits with representatives of the fast-food industry. Although the film is intended as a serious treatment of the subject-matter, it is laced with a healthy dose of humor, which made it all the more enjoyable. At the conclusion of the film I found myself questioning my own eating habits in general and certainly my somewhat-rare fast-food experiences. I thoroughly enjoyed this documentary film, and I recommend it--particularly to those who eat fast food once a week or more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter