Monday, July 19, 2004

Two reviews from The Movie Court's newest sitting judge, Nick at Nite:
 
Spiderman II
 
Glorious.  I was all pissed off at the last Spiderman movie because it stole the thunder from the fifth installment in the Star Wars series.  This movie I was not mad at, it did not suck.  It was greatness.  Particularly, because it has a scene where Kirsten Dunst is doused with water.  Any movie with such a scene, including reluctantly the first Spiderman, is a pretty good movie.  The acting, writing, and special effects were all good.  Expected this movie to fall short of expectations.  Instead it exceeded them.  While it is not as cool as the old Superman movies, it is still very good.  I give it an "A."

Cold Mountain
 
I know the Movie Snob reviewed this movie aways back, his review was less than flattering, so I thought I would send this in.  First, the Movie Snob forgets the first rule of criticizing movies in which Nicole Kidman stars.  The rule is, "If the movie has Nicole Kidman in it and you get to stare at her for more than twenty minutes, then the movie gets an 'B'."  Second, the Movie Snob forgets the second rule of criticizing movies in which Nicole Kidman stars.  The rule is, "If the movie has Nicole Kidman in it and does not have Tom Cruise in it, then it gets an 'A'."  Like the Movie Snob, I read the book before the movie came out.  Unlike the Movie Snob, I started skipping the chapters revolving around the female lead, let's just say farming ain't that interesting a read, but warring and fighting and such is ...   now that I know the whole story I think it must have been a good book and the movie made it so.
 
I give it an "A."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter