Tuesday, July 13, 2004

From the shelf of The Movie Snob:

Jaws (A-). How is that the Movie Snob had never seen this movie before this past weekend? Well, I'll tell you. When I was about 9 years old, this movie came on network televison. My parents foolishly let my little brother and me watch it, and about halfway through I was totally freaked out by it. (You can guess the scene, the one where Richard Dreyfuss's character gets into the water at night to check out a wrecked fishing boat.) Twenty-five years later, I am only just now able to face my fears. Anyhoo, I thought this was a terrific movie, if you overlook the rather dated special effects. The mechanical shark is somewhat more comical than menacing, but still, it's a good suspenseful tale. The book was really good, too; I read it when I was about that same age, and it didn't freak me out at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter